Wednesday 1 January 2014

Counting Blessings

Here we are, 2014 is upon us and I can honestly say I am sad to leave 2013 behind!  Not because I am not looking forward to the year ahead, I really am, already there are lots of lovely things planned to look forward to!  But I am sad to wave goodbye to a year where I have made so much personal progress and in which so many happy memories were made.  At the beginning of last year I made a list and I can happily say that nearly every goal was accomplished, they may not have been huge goals.....but they were realistic and also life changing ones for me.

After a couple of years of rebuilding my life in the aftermath of a massive depression and total breakdown I have come out the other side, strong, determined and most importantly....happy.  I have battled through self loathing, guilt, shame and fear and here I stand, triumphant and proud and I have the most overwhelming feeling of Gratitude.  Gratitude to whatever force, be it God or otherwise, that gave me the strength to keep fighting......Gratitude to my family whose love and support I could not have done it without, Gratitude to my husband who changed and grew with me and never gave up.    

So Today I count my blessings, for they are many, I now see the world in a different light, I see it's beauty and potential, the way you are supposed to see it! My list for 2014 is slightly different than last year.........focusing more on personal development on the inside rather than achieving set goals, and I am looking forward to whatever the new year has to bring, hopefully all good!!
So I wish you all love, peace and happiness in the new year, it's a new dawn :)



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful words from a beautiful soul. Welcoming to the world of blogging xxx

    ReplyDelete